Just ordered my kit and first recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgraber

Reaction score
New member here. Just ordered the deluxe kit from AHB and got the Southern Brown Ale with it. Can't wait to get it and get started. Don't really have any questions. Just wanted to say hi and how excited I am. I've read a ton and am anxious. :rockin:

congrats and welcome to the obsession... it's pretty much all down hill from here.

Read Palmer's "How to Brew" if you haven't already. And then... after you make your first batch. Read it again. 50% more of it will make sense. Then, after your fifth batch... read it again.

Let me warn you - with the Browns from AHS my experience (actually with ALL Browns) is that once you have waited the 3 weeks for carbing - the brew will be VERY GREEN. Browns, in my opinion, need an extra month of aging to really come into their own, more then any common styles.

I mention this because I just tasted my latest brown after 3 weeks and wow - it's the poster child for young beer. It's now at 3 weeks and 6 days and is actually a little better but it still needs to get it's act together.

Back