Just My Luck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbe2

Reaction score
So there is a big party the 26th of August, and was going to brew a NEIPA on the 6th. Quick turnaround, but with the right yeast and technique I could have done it. My plan was to get grain today and brew tomorrow.

I went to a new to me LHBS and was impressed, there prices were a bit higher and they charged per lb to crush. I was at the check out buying yeast and something caught my eye. I looked over and an animal was walking by the malt. It was a quick glance, and thought it was a dog because you know some ppl just have their dogs in the store(nbd). I kept looking to see what it was, and low and behold, it was a RACOON. I told the guy "you know you have a raccoon in here." He responded "you saw it too?, I am out of here after I check you out." So I scurried out and went to my usual LHBS.

I went there, and it turns out their mill was broken. So, after talking to the guys about my previous experiencec, I drove to another store 20 minutes away and it turns out they closed August 1.

No grain, brew day postponed, FML, I need a grain mill. Thanks for reading:mug:

"You saw it too?"

WTH! Did he think he was seeing raccoon ghosts or something and needed another person to verify he wasn't seeing things!?

It's a half HBS /half hydroponic supplies... So yeah...might have explained the "you saw it too"

I don't get it. Whats wrong with raccoons? There are raccoons all around here and my LHBS still sells me grain.

Once saw a lady at a local brewery with a let raccoon dressed up in beads for st Patty's day. I he didn't look happy to be at the bar

Latest posts

Back