Just got a Brewhemoth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brick_haus

Reaction score
Just picked this up from a fellow homebrewer that decided not to expand after purchasing this new.
Been a while since they were making these. Who has one and how do you like it? Seems like the finish is not as nice as some of my other stuff. The top inside welds aren't finished very nice? Anyone had any problems with infections?
What did you do for a racking arm?
I gave it a GOOD scrubbing with BKF to clean and passivate. We will see how it works!View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1486156765.604352.jpg

I've had mine for probably 6 years now. Welds are fine, never had an issue. If you don't think its shiny enough you could always spend the time to polish it, I've seen several done with great results. I don't use a racking arm in it; after a good cold crash I just dump a cup or two out of the racking valve and package from there. I use a spray ball on a 4" lid and recirc hot PBW to clean and run an acid wash every 4-5 batches through it to keep the beer stone down and the stainless shiny.

Enjoy!

Joe

I have two that I absolutely love! No issues with the welds. They are sanitary just not the prettiest. I do not use a racking arm. No need in fact someone tested it and because of the angle of the cone you actually leave more beer in it with a racking arm since they are designed for a 60* angle conical not 45* degree like the brewhemoth. I love the ability to pressurize. I brew 20 gallon batches and regularly put 21 gallons in mine with no issues at all other than the occasional krausen blow off with very active fermentation. Enjoy it! I debated buying that exact one also but decided 2 is enough for now.

View attachment 1486247043952.jpg

P.s. if you don't plan to use the temp control coil I would love to take it off your hands.

P.s. if you don't plan to use the temp control coil I would love to take it off your hands.

I will keep that in mind. I am undecided as to wether or not I'm going to use it. I am thinking about getting a jacketed BH conical and a glycol chiller. Then I would sell the 20 gal. Non jacketed one.

I have a little home built glycol system I use. Works ok. I struggle with cold crashing. But I blame the 1/4" coil. I would love to try out the 3/8" coil which is what it looks like yours is..

Back