Just frooze a bottle - will it be OK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumo

Reaction score
To chill a bottle of cider quickly I put it in the freezer a bit too long. Frozen, not solid, but frozen. When this melts will it be OK or will the fizz be gone?

It will probably be ok to drink. Don't know about the carbonation. Let it completely thaw in the fridge, then open it and report back.

Be carefull the bottle did not crack, frozen liquid expands while freezing and may crack or break the bottle.

If not, the fiz will still be there assuming the cap seal was not breached...

On a side note, when I was doing Cheffy things, we used to make champagne jello. The Co2 stayed in solution , while you could see bubbles (looked cool in a layered desert in a tulip glass) the carbonation was still there.

Well the cider and bottle were fine. Cran-apple cider, I drank it while it was still partially frozen but there was plenty of fizz in it. Tasty.

Lumo said:
Well the cider and bottle were fine. Cran-apple cider, I drank it while it was still partially frozen but there was plenty of fizz in it. Tasty.

In slushy form, that sounds perfect for hot weather.

Back