Just bottled 4th batch, what I have learned so far....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supergus

Reaction score
Since joining this addiction, I have learn a few things along the way.

Bottling is not that bad, just horribly time consuming.
Tap a Draft works pretty good for us newbs (hint: go get a Miller/Coors home draft and re-use it)
My dishwasher/well water sucks at sanitizing & cleaning bottles. (leaves a film behind)
My well water leaves a bad aftertaste in my beer, I have since switched to bottled spring water
BIAB is awesome to help get started in AG brewing
AG brewing is much more fun than extract, (and not much more time consuming as extract if you are doing BIAB)
StarSan is the bomb! I will never use anything else

The best thing about this hobby is that we are always learning & creating new innovative ways to make brewing better.

I also want to say thank you to everyone in this community, not just HBT, but the entire home brewing community for supplying info and insight on the brewing process!

Now, off to the HBS for more ingredients for batch #5....

Glad to see you're having a good time with it! And,on another note,I just came back from the cooper's forums in AU. A few of them were traveling here,& marveling at our craft brew's flavors. And how cutting edge we are with home brewing. Some agreed that the US is the home brewing "mecca".
That was flattering. Several are digging the APA style ale I made with the cooper's OS draught can & a few other things.
It's encouraging that they're getting a taste of how we do things here.
So,I guess it's safe to assume you're not alone...:mug:

Latest posts

Back