Joining the 1 barrel club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BargainFittings

Vendor / Owner
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Just picked up a new setup for our homebrew club.

Got the burners, pumps and will start cleaning up the stand and prep it for paint etc.

It will be fun to set it up for a brew day!

go50.jpg

What kinda burners?

Banjo style burners. The stand has a supply pipe and valves fitted inside on the horizontal beam but I'll bypass it with new piping if there are any leaks.

Sand, paint, install some casters or wheels on the frame, and set up the valves and pickups for the tanks and it will be in service.

My main question is where are you going to be purchasing any fittings you need?! j/k looks good Wayne!
Tom Reppert

I bought some stainless fittings from a guy on here. If you need pick-up tubes, ball valves, whirlpool fittings, etc.....I'll try to look him up. ;):D:cross:

Nice score! I sure wish I had built a single tier. Post a finished product K

Man that looks awesome, cannot wait to hear how your first club brew goes. Would of loved to be there to see it.

Cheers
chroamdos

Nice. 55's would be great. I have (3) 40's and it's a bit tight. Good luck with your first monster brew.

Brewed our first batch on it yesterday. It went great.

Our first inaugural brew was a Belgian Pale Ale. I did a slight variation of Jamil's recipe. Boosted the malts up a bit so I could steal 5 gallons of the first running to do a side boil and made a belgian strong dark.

Picture of people waiting for their share of the wort:

big50share.jpg

BargainFittings said:
Brewed our first batch on it yesterday. It went great.

Our first inaugural brew was a Belgian Pale Ale. I did a slight variation of Jamil's recipe. Boosted the malts up a bit so I could steal 5 gallons of the first running to do a side boil and made a belgian strong dark.

Picture of people waiting for their share of the wort:

It was a great brew day. Had lots of fun and the rig performed great. BTW, my share is bubbling way.

Yes. I installed the 40 psi regulators on the burners and kept the propane tanks fairly close to rig to keep the tanks from freezing up.

The high pressure banjo burners put out ALOT of btus.

We ended up having to gravity drain the mash to a bucket. I ran the burner as we did the sparge and as we added 3-4 gallons the burner would get the boil going again after a minute or so each time.

Does your buddy have 3 more tanks? We may be able to work out a great deal.

I have friends who love beer too.:D

Rock Chalk

Chris

BargainFittings said:
We split the beer out to members and they ferment at home with whatever yeast they choose.

Wow, I'll bet that takes a while to divide up a batch that large.

Nice looking rig man.

Cap & Hare in Fort Worth, Tx just did a club brew this morning and had 20 shares!!! Holy Smokes... thats a LOT of wort!

Back