Jockey Box Coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmito

Reaction score
Is there any reason I couldn't re-purpose this stainless steel wort chiller to be a jockey box coil?

$(KGrHqZ,!ioE+-vsezDTBQGs0NPLtw~~60_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290754390013

Unfortunately it doesn't specify what type of steel it is. What do you guys think?

Or perhaps this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Super-Efficient-25-Stainless-Steel-Wort-Chiller-/300358101173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45eebce8b5

i suppose you could, most people run 50' or more to chill the beer sometimes up to 120', so you might have to pre chill the kegs. I use a cold plate in mine so someone might be able to better offer advice.

Well, I do plan on having the kegs on ice. I know if you plan to run the kegs at room temp then you need at least 50' of tubing. I'm mostly asking if this is the right type of steel for the job. I don't understand why folks would spend so much on ss tubing and shape it themselves if these come coiled already.

Those prices look good, but if you don't find one you want also look at Stainlessbrewing.com, they have pretty good prices for coils.

Is there any reason I couldn't re-purpose this stainless steel wort chiller to be a jockey box coil?

Unfortunately it doesn't specify what type of steel it is. What do you guys think?

I think it says it's Stainless Steel multiple times in the ebay listing. :)

Well, I do plan on having the kegs on ice. I know if you plan to run the kegs at room temp then you need at least 50' of tubing. I'm mostly asking if this is the right type of steel for the job. I don't understand why folks would spend so much on ss tubing and shape it themselves if these come coiled already.

The seller should be able to tell you if it is 304 stainless, which is am acceptable alloy for beer. Send them an e-mail.

Latest posts

Back