JOAM taste after 5 months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xazzu

Reaction score
So I bottled my 2 gallons of JOAM around 5 months ago and I popped one open happy I was able to wait this long! It's very clear and looks fantastic. I am very unhappy, however. It still tastes a bit hot, with the bitterness still very present and very little to no honey flavor at all.

When I started it, I wasn't very good about writing things down, so I'm not quite sure on the ratio of honey to water that I put in, but I do believe it was very close to the original. I didn't take gravity measurements either, so boo on me.

Has anyone had this issue so far into the aging process? Is this fixable with time/just throw more honey in?

So I bottled my 2 gallons of JOAM around 5 months ago and I popped one open happy I was able to wait this long! It's very clear and looks fantastic. I am very unhappy, however. It still tastes a bit hot, with the bitterness still very present and very little to no honey flavor at all.

When I started it, I wasn't very good about writing things down, so I'm not quite sure on the ratio of honey to water that I put in, but I do believe it was very close to the original. I didn't take gravity measurements either, so boo on me.

Has anyone had this issue so far into the aging process? Is this fixable with time/just throw more honey in?
MB's suggested the likely answer but it sounds to me like you either didn't add enough honey or you used a wine yeast......

I've never had one made according to the recipe, finish dry.......

Mine turned out fine - Bread yeast finishes = 12% Alc.

finished perfectly sweet leaving behind the extra nectar.
What yeast did you use?

Latest posts

Back