• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wisconsin JB false bottom 15" hindged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
50 bucks shipped but ya would have to fill the hole i used as its not in the center as the norm. or use with exsisting hole and make a new dip tube..these false bottoms are the best, never had a stuck sparge. in like brand new condition, no signs of use at all...

20130811_114611.jpg

I have a couple of questions,

1) does it need a support under it, or is it strong enough to hold 30-40 lb of mash on its own?

2) Did you notice any adverse effects from having your dip tube near the edge of the mash tun?

Thanks

I have a couple of questions,

1) does it need a support under it, or is it strong enough to hold 30-40 lb of mash on its own?

2) Did you notice any adverse effects from having your dip tube near the edge of the mash tun?

Thanks

you will need some sort of support for about 30 plus lbs of grain.. never had any issues with the dip tube placement, just gotta add .25 water and calculate a little more grain to compensate the loss...the advantage to this is, faster clearing wort during vorlauf, any grain that may slip through stays in the convection on the keggle. and ya dont have to worry about hitting and damageing it while your stirring.. or if ya didnt want that dip tube placement i can weld the hole for ya and you can drill anywhere ya want.

Back