Jarrylo Hopped Hefeweizen Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratinator

Reaction score
What do you guys think of using jarrylo (banana, pear, spice) all late hop additions with a banana/clove yeast? Obviously the idea is to have a simple wheat base with lots of banana/clove/spice flavors. Still deciding if I want to dry hop, but probably will not.

OG: 1.055
IBU: 13.7

6lbs White Wheat Malt
4lbs Pilsner Malt
8oz Rice Hulls

1oz Jarrylo 16% (5 mins)
1oz Jarrylo 16% (1 min)

Wyeast #3068 Weihenstephan Weizen

Now the 16% is what beersmith has them at, if my hbs has them at like 11% I will push back the hop schedule to like 10 and 5 mins.

Never heard of those hops . Sounds good to me . I just did a Hefe using Northern Brewer hops . Fixing to keg it Saturday. Hope it turns out good . I'm interested in those hops . Roll with it and keep an update . I'll be checking it out :yes:

To me, Jarrylo (or the couple of beers I've had that were made with it) don't give banana or spice, but maybe pear. To me, its mostly citrus and pine.

That yeast should give you plenty of banana and clove, I suspect.

But doing a hoppy Weissbier would be an interesting experiment. Let us know how it turns out!

To me, Jarrylo (or the couple of beers I've had that were made with it) don't give banana or spice, but maybe pear. To me, its mostly citrus and pine.

That yeast should give you plenty of banana and clove, I suspect.

But doing a hoppy Weissbier would be an interesting experiment. Let us know how it turns out!
Ya I am going to ferment warm and not going to make a starter in the hopes to get lots of banana from the yeast. Jarrylo is more to compliment anything, even pear flavors I feel would be a good mix. I wouldn't call this a "hoppy" weissbier as my ibus will still be quite low with it all going at end of boil. Gonna pick up the ingredients this weekend and give it a whirl

Latest posts

Back