It's Done!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahsndpro

Reaction score
I just tasted my first homebrew! It's a pale ale and it turned out really nice! I think it will only get better over the next few weeks.

01-08-07.jpg

Thanks for all the help! My next is a Stout! Just put it in the primary.

ahsndpro said:
I just tasted my first homebrew! It's a pale ale and it turned out really nice! I think it will only get better over the next few weeks.

01-08-07.jpg

Looks yummy! Good job, hope you appreciate it. The next ones will be 10 times better.

does the beer really get that much better over time.

I bottled a week ago and have been sampleing my beer and it tastes good, will it get that much better at the two week mark?

And then WAY better at three weeks.

I mean I like beer.

Congratulations, it looks great! Nothing more satisfying than drinking a beer that you know never would have existed if you hadn't of brewed it. Man, that's a nice picture too. (almost actual size) It's makin' me thirsty!

Thansk for the photo. Quite an inspiration to those of us still waiting to bottle and later test our now-fermenting, settling brews.

Yes, that is a bag of Mission tortillas. I didn't take much time setting up the shot...I was so excited...

Once it reaches the carb level you like then it's time to cold condition (fridge) until it clears up nicely. I brewed this (#6016-Kali4nia Traumer (California Dreamer)) in July and am just starting to drink it. And yes, it was almost as cloudy as your is now. Had 2 last night that were just fantastic...

P1080796-00.jpg

So if I leave it in the fridge for a few months it won't be so cloudy? Hmmm....I may have to give that a shot. Although, what will probably happen is that I'll drink it all before it gets a chance to clear up.

I'll have to start brewing more and more so that I can get backlogged and allow stuff to age more...

I'll have to start brewing more and more so that I can get backlogged and allow stuff to age more...

That is the key to great homebrew IMHO. I am drinking an American Ale that I brewed last spring....thought it was good then, but now, after sitting in the basement at 60 degrees...........wow!
Brew and brew and brew till you get a backlog and let a few sit....... it can only get better.

At what point does it become too long? I would think that after a certain amount of time a beer would peak and start to deteriorate.....

Back