it's been more than a year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy-Klubb

HBT Berry Puncher
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
since I've been a pipe welder. I've found that I've been forgetting measurements that were just natural to me. like the distances taken up by certain parts such as slip on and weld neck flanges, 45's, tee's... 90's & short 90's are still easy though.

anyone else find themselves in a similar position?

Yup ditto. I was a cabinet maker forever and things I thought I would never forget I have to think through again. Frustrating since I still dabble in it

I'm just happy I still have the Pipe Welders Blue Book. hahahaha! btw, if it helps anyone, calculating center to face of a standard 90 is: diameter x 1.5

Been teaching helicopter mechanics for two years now. Had to fix one of our trainers the other day, and it took 3 of us two hours to do a job that would have taken us about 15 minutes apiece when we were still turning wrenches on our own. We all felt like crap, but laughed it off and blamed it on "forgetfulness" I wish I could blame everything on foretfulness.

i'm in the i.t. field, and over the many years, i've moved up. i've had to think about the fixes on a computer and work on them 30 minutes for stuff i used to have fixed in 5-10 minutes

It gets worse as well. The older I get the more forgetful I become. I am eating breakfast right now and cannot remember what I am doing:D

Yeah, since they moved me into management, I can't do applications work for ***t. I used to have all the numbers right in my head, now I have to look up everything. Plus I get to do a solo visit in the morning to an irate customer who is using the wrong sized hole, but is blaming my parts for his failures. Errrrrgh!

Yup- whenever I have to get back into the lab I have to basically start over with really simple volumes and measurements I used to not even think about. Wish I was doing real science again.

Yup- whenever I have to get back into the lab I have to basically start over with really simple volumes and measurements I used to not even think about. Wish I was doing real science again.

science is sumpthin' Caleefornee made up to confuse regler folk!

Back