Is this normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doomXsaloon

Reaction score
1st time using fruit... Brewed a choc coffee coconut raspberry stout as valentines gift for swmbo... Racked to secondary onto 3 lbs of rasp purée yesterday... Now there's this on top... Normal fermentation or infection? Thanks!

image.jpg

Yeah with all that stuff going on I wouldn't worry too much about what it looks like right now. You def need to tell us how it tastes tho. Good luck

I made a Feast of Fools Clone that required raspberries and I used 3 lbs of Rasp puree in a 5 gallon batch of beer and it came out really bitter I was told to use frozen raspberries next time to prevent the raspberry flavor from over powering the beer. I hope you have better luck.

I had something similar when I added blueberries. It scared the crap out of me, but it turned out great.

Blue Oat before Bottling.jpg

I made a Feast of Fools Clone that required raspberries and I used 3 lbs of Rasp puree in a 5 gallon batch of beer and it came out really bitter I was told to use frozen raspberries next time to prevent the raspberry flavor from over powering the beer. I hope you have better luck.
What was the OG?

Back