Is this carbonic acid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abledsoe

Reaction score
I recently kegged an IPA that I dry hopped both in the secondary and in the keg. This is only the 3rd batch I have kegged and decided to not quickly force carb this time around. I racked into the keg, hit it with about 30 PSI to help set the seal and purged out all the oxygen. They I just set it to 10 PSI and left it. I took a little sample after a day or two and the taste was perfect, although undercarbbed, of course. I tasted again a day or two later and still tasted very promising. Then after 8 or 9 days it had kind of a harsh/metallic after taste. I intended to let this sit for about 2 weeks before drinking so hopefully this will pass?

It seemes like in reading other posts people have experienced carbonic acid after force carbbing. Is this still the likely culprit here?

Thanks!

Anytime carbon dioxide is added to water (which beer is mostly made of) you get carbonic acid. All beer has some impact to the flavor from carbonic acid.

Back