Is this a spider mite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovebrewin

Reaction score
Wondering if this is a spider mite on my hop plants??

image-1629945236.jpg

They're not microscopic,but really tiny. I've even seen red ones,kinda like the color of red ants. I used to have them & aphids on my roses at the old house.
I bought lady bugs at the garden center & put them on the rose bushes. They'll gorge themselves on aphids & mites.

Its hard to tell from your blurry photo if its a ladybug larvae or not...the front ones look like antennae in your picture not extra legs...

But if they look like this
ladybug+larvea.jpg

They are ladybug larvae and should be ignored, and allowed to prosper. Eventually their ass's will turn orange, which are the eggs, they will then pupate in a sack and come out ladybugs and lay more eggs.

So yeh just to confirm I am talking about the black bug. I have looked at a heaps of mite pics and they are not that big and they are not black! The pic of the lady bug larvae is the closest yet!

So yeh just to confirm I am talking about the black bug. I have looked at a heaps of mite pics and they are not that big and they are not black! The pic of the lady bug larvae is the closest yet!

Yea the key is just look at them, its hard to tell if your image has 4 legs + 2 antenae or if its 6 legs like a ladybug...

Back