Is the Beer Gun the fastest way to fill outside of full-auto?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c_boddicker

Reaction score
I'm doing this semi-commercially as in making enough to sell, but I haven't got a full factory going yet. I need to fill and cap bottles pretty quickly. From what I've seen, a counter-pressure filler is too slow and laborious for doing hundreds or thousands of bottles.

Is the Beer Gun the only option that will keep the fizz and fill fairly quickly?

I aim to buy something pretty industrial down the line, but for now, most batches are only a few hundred bottles.

Background:
I'm making ginger beer with a ginger beer plant, so it never gets alcoholic enough to kill the yeast, which keeps on fermenting.
I've been allowing carbonation in-bottle up until now, and pasteurising capped bottles in a pot of hot water. I have done it extremely aggressively, with huge amounts of roiling hot boiling water, as well as topping up to maintain heat and prolong the time, but it's just not quite enough for the hardy plant.

There's still around 1% of bottles that re-ferment and explode. (I made around 600 this way and a handful exploded in my store room.) So I've decided to pasteurise the liquid prior to bottling (ensuring higher heat and more consistent heat distribution) and force carbonating it in a keg.

Latest posts

Back