Is it wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1GR8DA

Reaction score
So my 2 year old had surgery today. I was there start to finish. Went to.work for a few hours and spent the rest of the day helping SWMBO at the hospital with our little one. Had to get home to tend to the big one and get her to bed. I'm now into a full bore brew session to maximize my time and not take away from them tomorrow. Is it wrong that she is at the hospital overnight and I'm brewing? Personally I think I should be commended on my utilization of time management!

well, if you have to be there with the older kid I would say no. But if you could be with your wife and 2 year old and instead you are brewing? then yeah - its wrong.

Nope. Gotta be here. She would be pissed if she knew though.

ForumRunner_20120123_222252.jpg

Pfffffff. She doesn't even like beer!
No chance. I bet she questions the fermenter under the stairs though!
D'oh

well, better hope the other one doesn't rat you a$$ out. I would be sleeping with a two year old away from home - never enough sleep with kids around

1GR8DA said:
So my 2 year old had surgery today. I was there start to finish. Went to.work for a few hours and spent the rest of the day helping SWMBO at the hospital with our little one. Had to get home to tend to the big one and get her to bed. I'm now into a full bore brew session to maximize my time and not take away from them tomorrow. Is it wrong that she is at the hospital overnight and I'm brewing? Personally I think I should be commended on my utilization of time management!

I think anytime we have to ask ourselves "is this wrong. Or is this bad" it usually is.

Depends on how old the big one is. 10? 7? Maybe you should be getting sleep so you can relieve your wife. Maximizing time is one thing but it just seems wrong to be making beer and staying up when resting so you can be 100% when your wife and 2 year old need you seems better.

Others will say I'm being too dramatic. But again. I've lived my life by that first sentence I posted. It's turned out well thus far.

Also I've got a 10 yr old and a 2 year old. I would be at the hospital with the two year old and my wife and fully explaining what was going on to the ten year old and giving her and my neighbors ways to contact us in case something goes wrong.

10-4. I too think about that but it never seems to work that way. I agree with you to some extent. Well put. Too late now though!

Only you can really answer that.

The way it would be in my house is if my wife was at the hospital all night, I am on all day tomorrow. That means meals, clean-up and possibly entertainment. A night at the hospital isn't much fun.

No it's not. Cleaned up and done. Thanks to all righting my moral compass. Going to bed with sweet dreams of a 1050 OG and a little one home and on my watch tomorrow. Won't do this again until next time!

Nope. Gotta be here. She would be pissed if she knew though.

If you "have" to be home with the other child, what difference does it make how you spend your time there while the other child is sleeping? Would she prefer that you veg out in front of the TV? What exactly will she be pissed about? That's the real question.

Back