Is it a keg of bass or Bass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
1658980077290.png

1658980100127.png

So would you rather have that keg in your trunk or this one?
imagejpeg_0.jpg

When I was younger, I had a sub in the trunk, now when I am at the car show I serve homebrew from my trunk, everyone who tries it signs the board. However the sub in the keg is pretty cool, not sure how the acoustics would be though.

Ohh is that what the picture is of.
I thought it was a fancy keg with some kind of protective grill.

Bassically it's a Can of bass.

When I was younger, I had a sub in the trunk, now when I am at the car show I serve homebrew from my trunk, everyone who tries it signs the board. However the sub in the keg is pretty cool, not sure how the acoustics would be though.

It's pretty decent because the thick rubber coating keeps sympathetic harmonics to a minimum. It's actually destined for a patio audio system so we're not talking about any kind of high fidelity requirements. I may actually bury it in the ground 2/3rds of the way to add rigidity.

I initially read it as bass the fish and thought it was a live well with a screen top
:ban:

@Bobby_M: Wordplay aside, you may want to consider some way to further protect from falling dust & debris, such as some black cloth under the nice grille. As with up-facing speakers on a sedan's rear deck, bits of stuff bouncing on the driver cone could cause audio artifacts.

be pretty cool with a spunding valve for tuning....

edit: kinda like a passive radiator...

Last edited:
Back