Is beer a common drink or a special drink for you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to my German up bringing it's common. But not to say that my ales are COMMON. I have one a day unless something is going on w/friends and I like to think that my beers are far from COMMON.

I split my drinking about 49% beer 49% wine and the rest liquor. I'm not an everyday drinker, maybe 4-5 days a week. If I take the trip to Total Wine or some other specialty liquor store (there isn't one within 40 minutes of me), and I buy some good stuff, I'll save it for special occasions. Otherwise, I'll drink whatever I feel like on any given night.

Common... very common. That's why I am brewing a lot of milds and other low abv beers lately. I really enjoy drinking beer, but I don't to be blasted.

1-2 with dinner almost every night. Maybe a couple more on a Saturday if I have friends over. But it's usually one while making dinner, one with dinner, and then water or tea the rest of the night.

Nailed it.

(Although I have thirsty friends and can't stand the idea of not keeping up on the weekends)

I've been drinking 2-4 beers every night for a while. Ive recently cut back to 1-2 a night 3 nights a week and then 3 on the weekends. Yea, i like to drink.

I tend to not have beer as often as i would like as I am between jobs, but when things are going good I tend to have 3-4 22oz bottles a week.

Same here. I've only been drinking about once a month these last few months. I'd like to have one every evening. I've been spending more time on this site since I miss it so much. Cheers.:mug:

You brought back a 3 year old thread just to say "Yes"? Seems odd. I had to start looking at the dates because it felt old just reading it.

I try to keep most of my beer drinking at home to Friday evening and weekends. It's part of the reason I only brew 2.5 gallons. I also like to drink Craft beer and I usually have more beer than I'm able to drink.

Holidays are the exception though and that's when I catch up on my drinking.

I probably drink it more than I should. I have noticed that and plan to cut back some. I will typically have a beer with supper 3-4 nights a week. On the weekends I will have a couple more. On "special occasions" I will have 5-6 in one evening. I rarely have more than that.

I probably drink it more than I should. I have noticed that and plan to cut back some. I will typically have a beer with supper 3-4 nights a week. On the weekends I will have a couple more. On "special occasions" I will have 5-6 in one evening. I rarely have more than that.

That's about my pace also though I have been 'drying out' for a few days lol.

You're good...

Back