Is anyone else bummed on the lack of brewing gear in amazon's prime day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_daly

Reaction score
I was hoping there would be something, ANYTHING vaguely brewing-related, but I haven't found a single thing yet. It seems like a deal for cell phone cases and a few cameras :(

It's probably because most of the brewing stuff that is on Amazon is sold from a vendor, such as Midwest or other homebrew supply shops. Go suppose them anyway. Otherwise, what kind of brewing stuff are you looking for? Surely there's a refractometer or something on there.

I just got done going through the site and couldn't believe I didn't really find anything worth while for brewing. I did see set of 6 stainless steel tea balls that I may get but I use pellets mainly and am not sure how suited they would be for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got done going through the site and couldn't believe I didn't really find anything worth while for brewing. I did see set of 6 stainless steel tea balls that I may get but I use pellets mainly and am not sure how suited they would be for that.

These are pretty small.. i use the 3" version for dryhopping in the keg...this size is useless to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping there would be something, ANYTHING vaguely brewing-related, but I haven't found a single thing yet. It seems like a deal for cell phone cases and a few cameras :(

Dude,
Didn't you see the Blichmann Boilermakers for $9.99 each? :p
Maybe it's because I bought all 14 of them, and will sell them on ebay for a big markup. :ban:

And oh by the way, I scored a Zymatic PicoBrew for $14.99, and a GrainFather with the Copper top for distilling for $12.99, as well as a used Braumeister for $11.99. :fro:

Too bad the ruby studded platinum plate chiller for $24.99 was gone by then. :mad:

You snooze, you lose

:tank:

Where are you guys previewing what's available for the big "Prime Day Sale"?

I'm looking at a page with "Prime Day" at the top. Then there are some "Prime Exclusive Deals of the Day and Kindle Deals" then the normal "Lightening Deals" listings...

I did not expect to see anything brewing related, but I did hope for some stuff that could be used like storage containers and such.
I bought a second Fire TV Stick for $24. The rest is just bull**** to me.

Just took a look and is a non-event as far as I'm concerned. Looks like a POOR clearance sale with some loss leaders thrown in.

But wait, now free with every Prime membership you get a year of sweet disappointment!

I wonder how many signed up for the trial just for today, and will forget to cancel before they are charged when the trial runs out?

Pretty good scam if you ask me. I have been a Prime member for years for the Movies, Music and free 2 day ship. Very poor showing from Amazon, especially since all the media outlets were worked into a froth about it.

Speak for yourself, man...I'm getting one of these puppies, plugging it in next to the couch, and filling it with beer. BAM! No more flat beer for this man.

Where am I going to drink all this beer I'm making, you may ask yourself. On the golf course, of course. Can't golf unless you have some of these...

Sometimes I make mistakes when brewing just like anybody else. Best thing to do is to buck up and put your big girl panties on...

No one likes warm beer...Especially while driving.

Lastly, this may not look like brew equipment, but I'll tell you what... Attach one of these fancy do-dads to the human with boobs in your house and it's like a get out of jail free card for the next few hundred dollars or three months of brew equipment.

I did not expect to see anything brewing related, but I did hope for some stuff that could be used like storage containers and such.
I bought a second Fire TV Stick for $24. The rest is just bull**** to me.

I missed the fire stick, those went quick. Oh well, I suppose I will not be saving $15.

See homebrewfinds.com

Meh. Homebrewfinds only posts things from sites that give an affiliate bonus, which does not always guarantee the best price. It's focus has become creating income, rather than helping fellow homebrewers.

That said, Prime Day was pretty useless, period.

My refrigerator stopped working today and was able to get a new motherboard on Amazon for 15% off. It wasn't advertised, the markdown showed at checkout. I assume that all prime items are that way.

Back