Is 69.99 a decent deal for a turkey fryer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalgayer

Reaction score
I am looking at this one at BMW and wanted to see if:

(1) its a decent one for partial mashes
(2) its a reasonable price
(3) quality is good

Thanks for any tips.

Yeah - it seemed like the price was at the low end of everywhere else.
Just didnt know if it usually drops?
Or if its a good item and a solid pot to brew in.

I got my fryer from ebay. Been working for me and I do AG 6 gallon batches (I did end up buying a bigger pot though). But for partial mashes you'd be fine. Think I paid around $40 for mine. I would also check out any good sports store. We have an Academy Sports store here and I know that they sell fryers at a decent price (this is also where I bought my 10.5 gallon pot).

Check your local Craigslist. After a quick search I saw a couple for sale in Scranton (just guessing that Scranton is close to you).

I don't have the that one but I have been doing ag with my 30qt alu pot and burner for a year now.

I think I paid $45 for my turkey fryer a few years ago after thanksgiving. They are usually trying to get rid of their leftover stock at that time.

I have that setup, works fine for full boils, but use some fermcap. I actually think its a 32 qt pot. I would advise going to home depot and take a look first. I knwo around here they are selling a similar setup for $39.

i saw buy used on craigslist you can get them for like $25 if you ask the seller to go lower which they probably will

It is as well as you are likely to do without finding a sale, and this isn't the best time of year to find a sale.

Consider buying a standalone burner and getting a 10 gallon pot from a restaurant supply or sporting goods store though.

FYI, Menards and Lowe's both have them for 59.99 w/ a 30qt pot and lid, saw them both last weekend.

I love my turkey fryer, mine came with a 32qt pot for around the same price as the one your looking at. Before that I was destroying my stove top, plus the burner will do full boils way faster. DO IT!!!

Are you ever planning on getting a larger pot? I have a fryer like that I got at home depot for $69. When I switched to a keggle, to my surprise, the fryer I had was not big enough for it. I have This one. Its only $58 but doesn't come with a pot. It works great with my keggle, and no issue with 10 gallon AG batches.

I have a SP-10. It boils my 60qt pot just fine but I use a better regulator (the only thing wrong with it is the 10 psi regulator, it needs 20.) I payed less but then that was years ago. I still use the 30 qt pot for water.

Back