Irish Style Light Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timg

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Received this kit with some kegging equipment I bought. I have no real clue what type of a beer a "Irish Style Light Ale" is? Is it a pale ale, is it red?

2011-02-10202003.jpg

The reason I ask, I want to tweak the kit some, try to give it some flavour but I don't know where I'm starting from. For example can I just treat it is 1.8kg of pale LME with low hop flavour/bitterness? Therefore I can really start with any recipe that includes pale LME?

Thanks guys, really hoping to make something decent out of this 'free to me' kit.

:mug:

Yeah you can probably treat this at light hopped LME. There wont be much to this I would imagine. Id start with just adding some hop flavor I think.

A bit more googling on my part seems to indicate that Irish Ales are typically copper/red in color? I guess this doesn't really matter as far as flavour is concerned, compared to simply the color?

Thanks

Back