IPA Too Sweet After Priming in Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowlerMonkey

Reaction score
I have an IPA that I primed with corn sugar in the keg and let sit for three weeks. I just recently chilled and tapped it and the beer is a bit sweet. I'm thinking that maybe because I crashed cooled the keg before adding the priming sugar that it may have been too cool for the yeast to eat up all the sugars. Even though I left the keg out at room temp for a day, and then put it in my fermentation fridge that had an ambient temp around 65, I'm wondering if the beer was still maybe too cool(I didn't check the temp of the beer).

Now that it's chilled again and on c02 would it be detrimental to the beer to bring it back to room temp for a couple weeks to see if the yeast will eat up some more of those sugars? Would I need to worry about bacteria or off flavors from shifting temps or spending extended time at the higher temp~70?

Also, My FG was 1.012, so I tend to think that's not where the sweetness is coming from.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back