Invest in a pool table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex

Reaction score
This has to be the best investment I've ever made. My friends came over last night to watch the election and, mostly, to play pool. So tonight I'm drinking my third Soco and seven and smoking a cigarette. Not normally a smoker but it's nice when you have a buzz, especially after the dinner I just had.

Items left in my possession:
12 packs of Pabst and Lone Star
Left over pack of cigs
Porterhouse steak
1.75 liter of Southern Comfort 100 proof
2 New Belgium 1554's
Mashed potatoes
Sour Cream?
2 liter Sprite

image-3711559754.jpg

This guy made for a nice dinner. It's become an unspoken rule that anything brought and not consumed is my booty in the trust that we'll continue to shoot pool over here. I never suggested it, just happened. Sufficed to say, I've always eaten well and the fridge remains stocked with commercial brew, however questionable the brand. Not exactly a fair trade when they drink my homebrew and apfelwein but the food usually makes up for it. I'm just glad my friends aren't mooches like It was in college.

Yup! Bought our house mostly due to the large main level rec room. 8ft Olhausen with plenty of room. Pool n beer n cigars. Hosting parties gives everyone a little something extra to do. Only thing is, as opposed to in bars, get a little defensive when the drunk(est) girl starts rolling around on it while singing horrible karaoke. Clothes still on, unfortunately, or I might give her a pass.

Enjoy man, many years of fun to come with that!

Cheers,

Kosch

I miss my friend's pool table from when I was a kid. He was always better, but I still enjoyed playing game after game of 8 and 9 ball, drinking whatever was left behind from his brother and brother's friends. Mostly Michelob Light. Probably why I have a soft spot in my heart for Mich light.

I have seriously thought about putting a pool table upstairs in the garage, but the weather would not be good for it and we'd lose a TON of much-needed storage area.

This will be the biggest selling point of any house I will buy in the future. Will there be room for a pool table?

I'd love a pool table. We have room for it in the living/family room, but the front door is there, and so is a large window. Not sure i want a pool table to be the first thing people see when they walk in. Or when they peek thru the window.

I got mine for free when my friend's parents moved. Took me 5 years and 2 moves to finally assemble, but it's awesome to have. If you have a house that would fit a table, look on craigslist. There are some great u-haul deals (some free) on name brand slate tables.

I got mine for free when my friend's parents moved. Took me 5 years and 2 moves to finally assemble, but it's awesome to have. If you have a house that would fit a table, look on craigslist. There are some great u-haul deals (some free) on name brand slate tables.

You have a point. I'll add this to my winter ToDo list. It'd be cool to not suk at pool.

I was planning on getting a pool table but the way my bar grew it became questionable.

When I started going all grain I figured out the same room was perfect for that since it has a big door out to the concrete patio and it's got good lighting by the door for night brewing.

No where to put one now and I still want one!

Latest posts

Back