Intermittent leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have had this issue ever since I have built my kegerator..... load the kegs in, hook everything up....check for leaks.....everything fine. Then pull beer from the taps for a week with zero issues...... all of a sudden, pull a tap and nothing. Look and the CO2 is empty. Any ideas?

Regulator, manifold, keg posts, hose/barb connection, the list goes on. Any connection point is a possible leak point. Have you tried spraying connections with star san or leak detector?

Sounds like just a slow leak. If you have a manifold with the red handled valves, they like to leak around the stem when turned on. May leak when off too, but usually just on. Use a spray bottle with some Starsan solution or soapy water while you open and close the valves. Spray all of the hose connections while you're at it.

Another common leak are the O rings on the outside of the gas in posts. Not an easy leak to find, so just replace them.

Back