Interested in kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBrewMasterRace

Enthusiastic Homebrewer
Reaction score
Hi, I'm still relatively new to homebrewing and one of the things that I hate is bottling. It's time consuming and outside of about 4 weeks the bottles stop tasting as good as they did the day I was bottling.

I'm interested in kegging to save time and slightly improve the quality of my brew. I don't have space to buy a keggerator. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy 1 falling kegs and only airate them one at a time when I chill them to drink.

I'm also hoping for advise if anyone has any advise if I'm interested in kegging it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy 1 falling kegs and only airate them one at a time when I chill them to drink.

I assume you mean 1 gallon kegs. If that is what works for you, absolutely. I wouldn't go overboard with them, I would suggest you get one, get it set up and see how you like it before getting a few.

I hate to point you towards places that are trying to sell you stuff rather than giving you generic information, but I'm considering getting a keg and the most complete instructions I am finding are from shops and retailers who want to sell me gear. So maybe check with some of those places.

Also, have you looked at jockeyboxes? I think they're more for events where you can kick a keg in a night.

I hadn't looked into jockey boxes as I'd need to chill it each time I wanted a beer.

I think what I'm leaning towards is getting a small keg 2.5gallon, and then bottling the other half of the batch that I make. Im sure I can fit a keg that size into my fridge with room to spare.

Back