Installed the fan in my keezer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtant

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
...and WOW what a difference. I installed the fan about 12 hours ago. The three taps with beer have built up condensation. My first pour is no longer a heady mess.

I'm not sure why I've waited so long to add the fan to my system. I've had the parts lying around for a while and it only took me an hour to attach the fan to the lid and wire it in.

Oh well...here's to balancing a system :mug:

...and WOW what a difference. I installed the fan about 12 hours ago. The three taps with beer have built up condensation. My first pour is no longer a heady mess.

I'm not sure why I've waited so long to add the fan to my system. I've had the parts lying around for a while and it only took me an hour to attach the fan to the lid and wire it in.

Oh well...here's to balancing a system :mug:

You attached it to the lid to pull cold air up from the bottom?

Sorry, no pics for a while. I didn't have time to grab any and now I'm down in Arkansas for a few weeks.

The fan is an AC cooling fan from Radio Shack. I soldered some lamp cord to the fan, then soldered it to the extension cord that powers my keezer. It's always on. I did not have a chance to measure beer temps before I left. My taps did have condensation on them, so I know the collar is definitely staying cooler.

I attached it to the insulation on the lid with 1" spacers and blowing down. I figured blowing up or down didn't really matter since the fan moves about 1/3 more than the total volume per minute.

Latest posts

Back