Innaugural brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHops

Reaction score
I fired up my new electric kettle for its innaugural brew day today for a Sam Adams Alpine Spring clone kit from Austin Homebrew Supply. So far I'm 45 minutes into the boil with 15 minutes left on the last hop addition. I have say that it's really weird not hearing the jet engine like noise from my Bayou burner, but awesome just turning a knob to heat it up. I've been brewing now for about 4 hours and so far it's going extremely well. Thank you to everyone in this forum and especially this sub forum for all of your help and ideas over the last 5 years that I've been Homebrewing!

image-4153394943.jpg

Awesome! You'll never regret the switch to electric. It makes temp control simple.

I'm done! Just shy of 5 hours from the time I dragged out the brew kettle into position in the garage until everything was cleaned and the yeast was pitched. Not bad for my first all grain brew day! That included putting all the spent grains into the oven at 200 degrees to dry them out for storage. 11 pounds of grains will make quite a few beerscuits!

Latest posts

Back