Inland So Cal here...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polvofiloso

Reaction score
Been lurking here for a short while, getting ready to brew my first* batch tomorrow so thought I'd introduce myself.

The * is because I used to homebrew until about 17 years ago, when I loaned my equipment to a friend. I eventually lost touch with my friend and also my equipment. I always wanted to get back into the hobby but at the time I was much younger, with a lot of other distractions that come along with that. But its been so long ago that my cherry has grown back, so to speak, and I once again consider myself a virgin brewer. Back then I had only brewed a few batches, they were all extract kits. This time I'll be starting off with extract brews until I've re-learned the ropes and good practices, then try to move up to all-grain fairly soon.

Today I bought the Personal Home Brewery #4 kit from MoreBeer!. Wow, LHBS's have come a long way in the time that I've been away from the hobby. The old Home Brewery store I used to go to had nothing on this place. I feel fortunate to have such a well stocked shop close by, as I was able to speak with them in meatspace and make a few adjustments to the items that came in the kit. For instance, I swapped the kettle out for a 15 gal one and got a bigger wort chiller to go with it. I want to be able to step up to 10 gallon batches at some point without having to re-buy anything. I also swapped out the 2-handled capper for a benchtop capper, as I had one of those in my previous life and liked it. Finally, I swapped out the included American Light Ale ingredient kit for something more to my liking. So tomorrow I'll be brewing Jim Baumann's Milk Stout, from their signature series. :D

One huge difference for me this time around is that I'm married now, and my wife is all gung-ho for it too. She's been my craft beer drinking buddy for 15 years, and she's looking forward to getting in to the hobby as well. I love stouts and porters, and have been recently developing more of a taste for belgians. She's a bit of a hop-head and loves IPA's, double IPA's, rye IPA's, etc.

We live in Southwest Riverside County. There's a growing craft brewery industry here and I see from my online searches there are several homebrew clubs that I may be looking in to. Also looking forward to trading bottles with any other HBT members local to us.

Sorry for the long-winded post!

Latest posts

Back