Inkbird controllers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPoling7

Reaction score
I am going to be converting a chest freezer into a fermentation chamber soon so I was looking at the inkbird temp controllers. Can anyone recommend one model over another? They have a few models and I'm having trouble understanding the difference between them. I dont want one more complicated than I need but I also need it to do the job.

Personally I use the Inkbird ITC-308, its easy to use basically plug and play and does both heating and cooling which I use on my chamber. For my purposes it has been fantastic. Some of the other similar models just seem to add complexity like temp ramping and programability. I just want it to hold the temp I set it to and the 308 does that for me quite well.

Either of the above two will do the job. If you want a more professional built-in panel appearance, then a flush mounted model like the ITC-1000 would be your choice. It will require some wiring and fabrication to install.

For dead simple functionality, the ITC-308 is your choice. As mentioned, plug and play.

The 308 is great if you don't mind adjusting the temperature manually and is probably the best bet for most people. The 310 T (6 programmable steps) and 310 T-B (12 steps) give you the ability to pre-program you fermentation periods.

Latest posts

Back