Infrared Keezer Photo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MI_Troll

Reaction score
I had my house audited for leaks the other day and while we were in the basement I had the guy take a shot of my keezer. Straight 2x6 ccollar construction, no insulation. 1/4" foam weatherstrip between collar and box. Collar case in about 5 degrees colder than the box. Thought I would share as there's bound to be someone on this forum who might find this interesting.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392319905.593346.jpg

I had my house audited for leaks the other day and while we were in the basement I had the guy take a shot of my keezer. Straight 2x6 ccollar construction, no insulation. 1/4" foam weatherstrip between collar and box. Collar case in about 5 degrees colder than the box. Thought I would share as there's bound to be someone on this forum who might find this interesting.

View attachment 179119

That is a great pic.

While it is a great to actually see the insulating properties of wood maybe this photo will spur you to go get some insulation? FWIW my HomeDepot had a sale when I went in to get some for my keezer - $5.95 for 1/2" thick of 24x 24". It was perfect for mine...

Yea it should prove to you that you need to insulate your box. As stated you can get a 2x4 sheet of cheap Insulation at HDepot for a few dollars..i bought 2" for another project and i think it was $6.10 for the sheet...one sheet should have more than enough to insulate the inside of the collar.

View attachment 179119

Great picture.

The keezer walls will be warmer than the collar, the condenser coils generate heat.

Well I picked up a whole bunch of insulating/sealing materials today, but based on other IR camera findings they probably won't be finding their way into the keezer anytime soon. The beer is cold, so is the wife: cold beer good, cold wife.........

Once the house is sealed, or summer rolls around, perhaps I'll turn my attention to the keezer.

Well I picked up a whole bunch of insulating/sealing materials today, but based on other IR camera findings they probably won't be finding their way into the keezer anytime soon. The beer is cold, so is the wife: cold beer good, cold wife.........

Once the house is sealed, or summer rolls around, perhaps I'll turn my attention to the keezer.

You dont need to buy the fancy house insulation for your keezer, buy the cheapest R-Tech you can...

Like this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/R-Tech-1...Foam-Insulation-310876/202524156?N=5yc1vZbaxx

You could probably even get away with the 1" stuff which is only 3.50...
5 Dollars, cut it to size with a knife and glue it in...its literally an hour long project max.

Latest posts

Back