Infection or bacteria in All grain beer bootle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marte

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm from Slovenia and I made about 30 extracts but 6x of them (last one) are not OK. Now I made first time All grain and also all two all not ok.

I use Chemipro OXI and I'm carefull with sanitization also I did not change anything soo why is this happening.

If I look in fermentor after first fermentation the wort looks ok no bubbles or something else.

But when I put this in bottles I see in let's say 7 days some strange let's say white film in the bottle neck and later in 2 or 3 weeks some strange small white pieces will became.

Picture looks like this? What's wrong? Maybe the caps are infected with some bacteria or yeast? Maybe when I'm using Chemi pro oxi in 1l bottle there in the bottow it's some yeast when I'm washing the fermentor?
Maybe fermentor have in the pipe some kind of small yeast?

Problem is that I made let's say 4 extracts which I put all in bottles with cap but fifth of extract was OK but beer was not put in bottle with cap but the bottle with porcelan cap. Soo maybe caps or bottles are infected?

Beer for drinking is not soo bad soo ...
I'm wondering now because I started with All grain and it tooks me a little more time then extracts soo :)

Any Idea?

http://shrani.si/f/2X/EP/qJrCHji/20140711154747resize.jpg

Does it taste sour or is it over-carbonated? Usually an infected bottle will show one or both symptoms.

What is Chemipro OXI? Is it a cleaner or a sanitizer? Remember that nothing is both.

From the sounds of it I'd say some of your bottles weren't cleaned or sanitized properly.

Hello.

The beer isn't taste like sour or over carbonated. When I open bottle there is no foam coming from the bottle. Beer taste looks pretty OK. But strange because I have always clear bottle and beer but now all beers looks like on the picture.
I had 1 series of Black Rock Draught which I have a lot of foam and CO2 from the bottle and also taste was bad. But all other beers seems OK.

As usual when I drink beer then I always wash the bootle 3x times and put it to water flow away. When bottle is dry I put it to the beer box. When the beer is ready to bottling I use Chemipro OXI to sanitize the bottles and put them in the bottle tree for 1 or 2 days till they will became dry.

Soo first I wash them then I sanitize them. Soo strange that they are maby infected. Maybe sanitizer in the bottle of 1l have some small yeast on the bottom... don't know. I will wash the 1l bottle when the sanitizer is inside.

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Chemipro_OXI_1KG.html#.U8A6CLHKVM8

When the beer is ready to bottling I use Chemipro OXI to sanitize the bottles and put them in the bottle tree for 1 or 2 days till they will became dry.

This could be the problem if there's an infection going on. I'm not familiar with Chemipro OXI, but as for Star San, the sanitizer I use, the sanitizing properties are gone once dried. I bottle with freshly sanitized and wet bottles, the Star San doesn't hurt the beer. You may be opening yourself up to infection in the 1 or 2 days between sanitizing and bottling.

Ok then I will try to sanitize and after some hours I will bottle the beer. Then I will see if was this a problem :)

Back