In reply to, the thread by creampuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WileECoyote

Reaction score
I would like to start off by saying,

Im not trying to revive that thread, Im not trying to start anything with anyone, nor am I trying to violate the rules.

But after reading the post by creampuff I felt completely overwhelmed to reply, I didn't get the chance to because the thread is closed, and I understand.

I really hope this doesn't get me ban, as I love being a part of the HBT community, learning, and helping others, I just need to get this off my chest and HBT is really the only forum I use and feel comfortable saying anything on.

I hope the way I'm going about posting this is ok, if not I guess I will have to deal with the consequence.

I'll try not to go into to much detail, but my ex-wife also used the divorce courts in America to torture me and keep my child away from me too, all along my child was being chronically abused during the entire 6 years of court battles (1 a month) almost $200,000 in cost, forcing me into a bankruptcy, drove me right up to that point too, its very sad when the legal system allows these psycho parents to pull this kind of crap.

Its been almost 10 years ago now and their still isn't a day I don't think about what happened, don't get me wrong, Im grateful that my child is safe and its over, its hard to forget about when your life savings is gone, and the worst part is I have to live with the fact that it changed my child's personality, my child is still going to counseling and most likely will for the rest of their life to try and deal with what was allowed to happened to this child by the court system, judge, attorneys and his mother.

Thankfully CPS finally stepped in (after about the 5th call that I know of from others), they called and said come get your child (last day she had the chance to hurt our child) Truth be told, if it wasn't for that happening, I don't know what I would have done.

Very sorry to hear about the man in creampuff's post.

Sorry for rambling, it really hit a nerve.

Thanks
WileECoyote

First, thanks for posting this, I imagine it was difficult to share it with us.

Your post is fine - you are an active member of our community here at HBT, posting about your life is encouraged and part of what makes this community special. The other thread was closed not because of the content but because it seemed clear the poster had joined HBT only for the purpose of posting about the tragedy - he probably did it on multiple boards. I suspect he either was personally involved or at least has a strong ideological axe to grind. We have no indication that he's a homebrewer or even interested in homebrewing. I sent him a PM, and we'll see if he responds. I suspect he won't.

In my family, my father's brother was murdered, shot, by his ex-wife after their divorce. She is serving a life-sentence for his murder. Of course, its not a one-way gender issue - about a month ago, a man in my suburb killed his girlfriend/partner and child because she was leaving him. These tragedy's are just horrible and in both of these cases, the partners had easy access to guns, which just made things worse.

Peace and prayers for you and yours, WEC.

Thanks Pappers,

Yes it wasn't easy to post what we experienced, it was only a tiny bit of what really happened, how in family law the courts let crazy people get away with what they do to others is beyond me.

I agree that it seems like creampuff started his account only to post about the tragedy.

Im very sorry to hear about your uncle.

Thank You again for the support, it really means a lot! HBT is the best!

Cheers :mug:

Latest posts

Back