Virginia In a bind, need Inkbird temperature controller TOMORROW 5/31. Will be in DC, RVA &HR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master

Reaction score
Homebrewers:

I'm kind of in a crunch and crossposting this.

My home (like the food, not the beer) chestfreezer's temp controller just took a GIANT dump. I have it rigged with a timer to keep things frozen but it's not a long term fix. It's a giant 23 cuft freezer, so I can't just go to Lowes and get one tomorrow or today.

I'm going to be up at Andrews AFB tomorrow until Lunchtime, then driving home to Virginia Beach.

The crunch is I leave for Overseas on Thursday.

I am wanting to bypass all the fancy circuitry (battery minder, eco mode, etc) and just put it on a controller like a Keezer build.

Does anyone either have one they are not using that I can buy off you, or know a LHBS that has one on the shelf. I'm not having much luck with google.. Of course this happened late enough in the day that Amazon and More Beer, etc isn't going to be able to ship on time.

Figured this place was worth a shot.

Commenting just to move it to the top. Someone help this dude?

Appreciate the help. Without fail, something big always craps out right as I'm packing to leave.

Sorry I can't help as not local, but check your wattage on that monster freezer....not sure the ink birds are rated for something that big.

I hope someone helps an Air Force guy!

If a timer is working now, maybe bury it to frozen, and run for 1 hour per day....or someone on here that knows more about freezers could suggest an alternate duration. Better than to run power through an underrated temp controller and come home to a pile of ashes. Of course check the timer load as well!

Inkbirds are rated at 1100W.

The full load rating on the freezer is 5A, so it's ~625VA (approx watts) at 125V full load. It's a normal chest freezer compressor, just runs relatively longer.

Latest posts

Back