I'm Drunk and angry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy_N

Reaction score
I'm not really that angry. But I am drunk.

I prefer to make pale ales and american IPAs. I have been brewing for more than a year. All-grain, adjusting mash pH, temp controlled fermentation, etc. My pale ales and IPAs are MUCH more enjoyable than most of the commercial craft beer I buy and drink when I don't have homebrew on tap. I'm in Ohio. Options are limited for commercial craft beer. I've recently purchased Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale and Commodore Perry IPA and they really just aren't as good (for my taste) as my own beers. But, I used to love them and those beers inspired me to try new things and brew beer. Sams Adams IPAs suck, enough said about that.

Maybe my tastes don't fit were I live. I love the fruity hops.

I will say, I'm loving Fat Heads (Head Hunter IPA) in Ohio. I also loved Great Lakes Alchemy Hour (name will change but 2nd seasonal release in Feb 2014). Other than that, unimpressed with anything else.

I've had the Three Frogs (Elevator Brewing Company) and 400 LB Monkey (Left Hand Brewing Company). The aroma is not what I love, and the flavor seems earthy/dank.

I understand that I prefer the west coast IPA style. Very Pale. High ABV. Tons of aroma. Fruity. Light Body.

Anyway...If I have a point...its this...I make beer that I prefer over anything that I could buy. I love that.

Thank you HBT for helping me brew a beer that I prefer over anything else I can get my hands on.

If you feel the same way, chip in. If you don't, call me a drunk idiot...I can take it. If you are in Ohio and think you can name a pale ale or IPA I haven't tried and should, let me hear it.

Lastly, do you ever get to a point when you spent 20 minutes typing everything in a new thread, then just delete it and go to bed? I have... but not this time. Love you, man...:tank:

images

I live in Oregon... LOTS of great breweries, but lately I've been on the same page with you... I prefer my IPA to anything else on the market. I think it's because I (we?) Know EXACTLY what I want from an IPA, and I make it. And it's delicious.

And you're a drunk idiot (me too!) :mug:

Mmmm. This is tasty!

ForumRunner_20140116_213856.jpg

Back