I'm brewing again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerMikeW

Reaction score
After approximately 10 years away from home brewing, I'm back at it and enjoying it more than ever. Either the ingredients have improved over these last 10 years, or I'm a much better brewer now. I'm thinking the ingredients have improved but not sure. All I know is that I'm really enjoying the beer I'm brewing.

Cheers from Wisconsin!

Mike

I was away much longer than 10 years (first child was born, money, space, etc) and can't believe how good the beer I've made has been this last year. It's almost hard to frack it up due to the quality and quantity of ingredients. Back in the day, I quickly went to all grain since HME's were awful but the yeasts weren't nearly as good and the choices were much, much less. I like the choices we have of ingredients as much as the amount of places to buy them.

Enjoy the obsession.

I quit for at least 5 years. The beers were mediocre back then, which probably means they were crap but I drank them. I got started again and went straight to AG in an effort to improve my beers. Man, sometimes I can't believe how good some of this stuff is. Just incredible.

Back