I'm bout done with AHS's HBU packs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZmannR2

Reaction score
What gives? I have no idea what an "HBU pack" is and it seems every recipe is using them now. And to be honest a few recipes as of late I havent been too impressed with. To me, these HBU packs being used sometimes at more than just the bittering stage is the culprit.

Is anyone else not impressed with this new in house blend of random hops they are doing? I don't even know the date on them

From what I understand they are just for bittering and no I would not use them for anything else as they are just a blend of bittering hops. I believe "HBU" stands for Hop Bittering Unit

What gives? I have no idea what an "HBU pack" is and it seems every recipe is using them now. And to be honest a few recipes as of late I havent been too impressed with. To me, these HBU packs being used sometimes at more than just the bittering stage is the culprit.

Is anyone else not impressed with this new in house blend of random hops they are doing? I don't even know the date on them

Have you tried SoCo Homebrew? They still include real good in their recipes and not the HBU version like AHS does.

Back