I'm back!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khan

Reaction score
Finally getting to brew for the first time in over a year! Having a baby, starting a new career, and buying my first house really took up a lot of time. Hopefully I haven't forgotten too much. We'll see how this first batch goes.

The Return of Khan...beer wars. "I've hurt you...& I wish to go on hurting you. I've left you as you left me...marooned forever inside a dead keg".;)

Great stuff! I'm clearly rusty, I forgot to check my propane before I started and ran out right as the boil started. Damnit! Oh well.

This is weird. I'm curious what people think about this. With my old propane tank I had the boil going in about 20-30 minutes, but then it ran out. It couldn't have been out more than 10-15 minutes before I noticed it. Ran to the store, trade out for a new tank came back, fired her up. It's been almost an hour and it's still not boiling. It's right on the edge of boiling, but it just won't start boiling. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Could there be a difference in propane tanks?

This is weird. I'm curious what people think about this. With my old propane tank I had the boil going in about 20-30 minutes, but then it ran out. It couldn't have been out more than 10-15 minutes before I noticed it. Ran to the store, trade out for a new tank came back, fired her up. It's been almost an hour and it's still not boiling. It's right on the edge of boiling, but it just won't start boiling. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Could there be a difference in propane tanks?

Or wind? did the wind come up and is it dissipating the heat?

:smack: I'm pretty sure that was it. I moved into the garage and out of the wind and BAM! Boil is going good now. Any idea how this will effect the final beer?

Back