Ikea Hack Bottle Rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amie

Reaction score
On past bottling days, I've been using my dishwasher as a makeshift bottle rack... except last night when I got ready to bottle our latest batch, I forgot that the dishwasher was full of dirty dishes. So we went ahead anyways, without any sort of rack. What a pain!

So, I was thinking about DIYing a rack before our next bottling day, but today when I was wandering around Ikea and I saw these polypropylene dish racks. So this is what I came up with:

The fit is a little snug because the bottom of the rubbermaid bin is tapered, but I'd like to get a slightly larger storage bin than the one pictured anyway. Ideally, I want one that is deep enough to store clean bottles in with the lid on, so I can clean bottles ahead of time and keep them dust-free. I was initially just going to toss out the white flatware baskets, but since they fit on the rim of the rubbermaid bin, they might be good for keeping sanitized equipment and bottle caps at the ready.

:ban:

Latest posts

Back