ikea bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadpencil

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was at IKEA today and picked up a few flip top bottles. They are 32oz clear glass for $3.99
The gasket is silicone and the cap is plastic, but when I got home I found that Grolsch flip tops fit perfectly.
The only downside is the glass is clear and IKEA is 2 hours away. But for gifting beer it's affordable, and paint is cheap.

Fill one on your next batch and wrap it in a trash bag in case it is not capable of taking the pressure of carbonation. Just to be safe

Fill one on your next batch and wrap it in a trash bag in case it is not capable of taking the pressure of carbonation. Just to be safe

I'd go a step further. I do this with quite a few of the bottles to eliminate the possibility that the single one you picked happens to be in a bit better shape than others and does not explode, but when you buy more they do.

I'd pick up 4 or 5 for the test.

Latest posts

Back