Idiots at Rogue...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgalle

Reaction score
Just a few hours after ordering the Soba Ale kit from Rogue's store, SWMBO changed her mind (post-birth hormones) and instructed me to cancel.

I called, twice and left two messages. ...specific messages with cell phone and order numbers, etc.

Today my orders status has been updated to "shipped"!

Awesome!

Thanks a lot, Nina and Brandon. Now you get to hear me scream and yell about your unfathomable incompetence and lack of functioning brain matter.

Be warned. These hippies can't distinguish customer service from the carb on their bubbler.

I don't really enjoy too many of the beers that they make, but then again it isn't fresh by the time it makes it to Tennessee, but I don't have a problem with what they did. I know you are frustrated but you might consider that the phone call may not go to the same place that the stuff is shipped from.

I would say grin and tell her you tried but they won't take it back brew it and be happy with your beer.

I placed the order at 10:38AM EST. My first attempt at making contact was 12:55PM EST. Nina transferred my call to Brandon's voice mail. The second attempt was 3:10PM EST. Nina assured me they wouldn't ship until 4:30PM MT, at the earliest and someone would surely respond in time. Then she transferred my call to Brandon's voice mail. My message was concise: name, time, cell phone number, order number, desire to cancel same, request for immediate response/confirmation via provided cell phone number.

So simple, even a caveman can do it.

...you might consider that the phone call may not go to the same place that the stuff is shipped from.

Calling the "800" number listed on the website connects to their "order-by-phone" service. They transferred my call directly to the warehouse.

These hippies can't distinguish customer service from the carb on their bubbler.
Wait . . . What the f is "carb on my bubbler?" Is it bad? Should I wash it off? So, it looks something like customer service. What does customer service look like?

Done my share of hippy like things. Not a lot of brain cells left. But even I know that buyer's remorse is not a reason to bash. ;)

The idiots at Rogue must have known you were married and really didn't really want to cancel your shipment, just that you were having to act like it for the wife:D

I love it....we have had people bit*hing and moaning about shipping times being too slow (waaaaah...its been like 48 hours since I placed the order and I STILL having received a tracking number...waaaaaaahhhh)

...and now we have people bit*ching and moaning that places ship things out too fast (waaaah...my wife can't make up her mind and so I'm getting a brew kit that I wanted and ordered....waaaaah).

What is it with the sense of self-entitlement around here?

(waaaah...my wife can't make up her mind and so I'm getting a brew kit that I wanted and ordered....waaaaah).

What is it with the sense of self-entitlement around here?

I'm am certainly not complaining about their swift shipping process. I think it's commendable.

Stay on point if you must chime in.

Coming from a family of cavemen, I resent your implication. I'll have you know that my people invented the spear, fire, and mammoth-skin clothing. Lose the prejudice, you insensitive clod!

Please accept my most sincere apologies to you and your proud, fuzzy people. I meant little to no disrespect.

I also hate it when I order something, and it ships to me really fast. The first thing I would do is blame the customer service. I mean, how are we supposed to pretend we don't feel entitled to get what we want all the time?

I also hate it when I order something, and it ships to me really fast. The first thing I would do is blame the customer service. I mean, how are we supposed to pretend we don't feel entitled to get what we want all the time?

Again, this is not about the swift shipping, misdirected hatred, 21st Century conceptions of entitlement or placing blame.

Little outrage and no consequence for the professionally apathetic. Now there's a first world problem.

I was referring to men who have to take orders from hormonally charged women and then try to transfer this ineptness to a third party, but thanks for playing.

So, what's it about, then? Somebody didn't get a message in time to stop an order that they shipped out within what, eight hours of receiving it? If anything, shipping stuff out that fast is pretty freakin' commendable, even if they aren't checking their voicemail constantly. Calling them "idiots" for this is pretty.... well, idiotic.

I'm sorry for offering my experience. My wife made me do it.

Rogue is great! Long live Rogue!

The level of contempt you express in your original post over a simple vendor mistake is ridiculous. With all the ways a vendor can drop the ball, this is one of the most benign versions I can think of. However, you speak about them as if they sent you a severed head in a box. This kind of rant is the reason we have to put an asterisk after business mantra; "the customer is always right".

I don't understand... does your wife do the brewing around your house? How does it fall into her jurisdiction whether or not you order a singular beer kit? I could understand if it was a conical fermenter... I would probably consult with my wife about that. But you're starting a rant thread because a vendor didn't get your message in time and you got set back $40 for something that YOU ordered? You have serious p*ssywhipped issues man. You need to address those before you start wondering why other people do the things they do.

I'm sure Brandon from rogue listened to his messages and couldn't decipher the frothy mouthed, rabid screaming about how incompetent they are for not knowing that you had no idea what the hell you wanted when you placed the order. He probably just deleted the message and went about his day as normal thinking that you should probably up your dose of lithium.

I can see that you are frustrated, but a companies ability to quickly ship a product and not respond within a few hours to your mistaken order is not their problem. Granted, they should probably have a better process in place or someone that can address these concerns quickly.... But you should have been sure that you wanted it prior to placing the order. That guy's voicemail you were transferred to, he probably does a lot more than just respond to voicemails about people who change their orders. I am sure he probably does quite a bit. Next time be sure what you want, and don't throw a fit like some bitchy customer does. They are a business, they have lots to do.

I work in customer service, and people like you sir, are a pain in my ass.

Why all the hate? The OP is sure destined for a long and happy marriage with the arrangement they have.

A toast to you sir, for the courage to stand up for what you believe in. :mug:

EDIT:

Just noticed I used the wrong smiley. Here ya go: ;)

Rogue was probably so thrilled to be selling one of those kits that they shipped it before you could change your mind.

I've been on both ends of this kind of situation and when I was the customer I thanked them for the speedy service. When on the other end, I offered a refund and picked up the offending merchandise. I doubt Rogue will be so cruel and heartless to make you drink 5 gallons of swill. Soba? of all the kits - Soba?

Back