Ideas for wheat/fruit brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runkelia

Reaction score
Hello

After brewing mostly IPAs I think I have had my hop fill and am ready for something new.
My thoughts are all grain, something lower gravity - session type wheat beer for the summer.
Also thinking about adding strawberries or raspberries after 1 week in fermentation (Gordon Strong). What about peppers? Jalapenos?
I like fruit, I like peppers, together though may not be good.

So where to start...
My prelim. plan would be to brew a wheat beer, add fruit into the carboy after a week or so in fermentation. I am hearing 1 lb fruit/ gallon. Do I dare add peppers as well?

Thanks for reading. Cheers.

I just did a raspberry wheat and added the raspberries after 2 weeks of fermenting (hit final gravity and then waited 2 days) I add 1 pound per gallon.

I also just did a honey orange wheat using honey malt and orange zest added to boil at flame out and then another 1 oz of orange zest in secondary.

I just did a raspberry wheat and added the raspberries after 2 weeks of fermenting (hit final gravity and then waited 2 days) I add 1 pound per gallon.

I also just did a honey orange wheat using honey malt and orange zest added to boil at flame out and then another 1 oz of orange zest in secondary.

Nice. Did you do anything for sanitation for the raspberries?
Your honey orange wheat sounds killer.

Mango tends to go well with peppers, but I've heard mango tends to come out very mildly in beers. A Mango Habanero wheat could work.

I've had a spicy strawberry gazpacho that was surprisingly awesome, so a strawberry wheat with peppers might actually work too.

Back