Ideas for Driptrays 24"+ long ad 6" wide?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texastrooper

Reaction score
I could not find a thread around drip trays except the kegerator build thread which has become so large meanwhile that it is had to scan through it.
I am in the process to finalize my keezer built and I am looking for ideas on drip trays. My taps are at the front inside the collar. Not on top. I will have six eventually ( 4 for now) and they are evenly spread. My drip tray needs to be at least 24" long.
I found some as "low" as $55 but which are only 4" wide. Like this one:
http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com...rce=googleps&gclid=CNWb16raiL4CFU9p7Aod0y4AdQ
But with 4" it is probably not wide enough based on my experience with my old keezer. This one has a 6"+ wide tray and where I still managed to spill over it. Unfortunately that one is not long enough and I cannot reuse it.
I would like to have a drip tray which at least 6" wide and 24" long and which does not cost a fortune. Open to any ideas about "home made" or repurposed ones.

I always planned on getting a driptray but never did. I put one of those wallpaper trays on the floor under the taps "temporarily" but I imagine it's gonna stay there for a long time. It's cheap as hell, though not the prettiest solution. They even sell them at my local LHBS since it's an awesome container for sanitizing racking canes and tubing. My keezer is in the basement so I didn't have to worry about aesthetics too much. The only downside is you can't put a glass on it. not really a deal breaker for me.

I put one of those wallpaper trays on the floor under the taps "temporarily" but I imagine it's gonna stay there for a long time. ........The only downside is you can't put a glass on it. not really a deal breaker for me.
You could use gutter guards for these like this guy:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/another-drip-tray-build-446610/

Since I have been using lots of left over corrugated panels on my keezer build I was looking to may be using galvanized half round gutters. But I could not find any cheap pieces. And I did not want to go through the effort chasing down gutter companies.
So I now got a 24" x 5" wide counter top drip tray on ebay for about $45 including shipping. I will use that for now.

Back