Idaho 7 and Hop Hash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGP1000

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there -

Anyone ever tried Idaho 7 hops? Im looking to maybe do a Simcoe, Idaho 7 variation.

Hoping to get that liquid Mary Jane aroma but not sure if the Idaho will do it for me. THoughts?

Also... hop hash... Looks like it can be bought by the pound. Any suggestions on how much is too much in late addition/whirpooling? And maybe dryhopping too for that matter?

thanks!:ban:

Idaho 7 is great but not very dank. More orange citrus and herbal to me. If you want dank you could still use Idaho 7 and pair it with Columbus, Comet, Apollo, etc.

I've got a rye IPA in the middle of dry hopping using Idaho 7, Columbus and Amarillo (used the same as late additions). I'll post back with details in a week or so.

I just added an ounce of Idaho 7 Hop Hash in whirlpool for a NE IPA, complimented with three ounces of Mosaic and one of Amarillo. Will know very soon how well it imparts its flavors/concentrations. Whirlpool/steep was about 30 minutes BTW.

Have been sitting on some Idaho 7 hop hash for a while and finally got around to brewing with it yesterday. Brewed an NEIPA with all late addition hops (20 min or less left of boil). From my research I found that hop hash has a concentrated lupulin level so a little goes a long way. I initially was going to throw the whole 1/4 lb in a 5g batch but decided to hold back. I added 1 oz. with 5 left in the boil and the other during whirlpool. The fermenter is already throwing off some amazing smells and the pre-yeast wort tasted incredible.

For a 5g batch here is the hop schedule:

20 min 1 oz Warrior
10 min 2 oz Cascade
5 min 1 oz Idaho 7 hop hash
F.O. 1 oz Idaho 7 hop hash
F.O. 1 oz Apollo

I have high hopes on this one. Not sure how I will dry hop though. Probably more Warrior/ Cascade. Will post back, post production.

I just bottled an IPA that utilized Idaho 7 hops. Here's the schedule:

1 oz. Centennial - 30 min.
1 oz. Huell Melon - 10 min.
1 oz. Jarrylo - 5 min.
2 oz. Idaho 7 - 2 min.

Then for dryhop:
1 oz. Huell Melon
1 oz. Mosaic

Back