I want to like hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up some beers to try based off some of your advice. I will update you on how it went.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

1393218131816.jpg

The red ale was actually pretty good. I enjoyed the citrus flavors that were quite prominent in this beer. I can see this as being a good beer to drink in the summer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

A couple of things:

-Why force it? There are plenty of people out there that dont like hop bombs. Me...I like a balanced IPA, but most of the new brews are way past that.

-If you dont like hop bombs, at least you dont have to chase the next Pliny, or Hopslam, or whatever new release is coming out.

-When talking about hop forward beers, freshness is the name of the game. The longer they sit, the more likely they will be just bitter. Get them fresh...more so than any other beer. The grocery store is not a good place when freshness counts.

-Hopstoopid is a bad selection to "ease in" on.

You could start with Green Flash Palate Wrecker. After that, everything else will seem tame. :)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

-Hopstoopid is a bad selection to "ease in" on.
I actually didn't dislike the hopstoopid. It was more bitter than I am used to but I think the fact that I have been drinking a lot of imperial stouts with high ibu as well has really done a lot to build my tolerance.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Home Brew mobile app.

OP, I don't understand... I'm trying, but the words must be arranged wrong in your sentences. It just doesn't make sense. I eat hop pellets when I'm brewing with warrior 16%aa. Maybe it's all my chest hair. Makes me manly! Lol.

Just messing with you!

Everyone has a different palette. One of my kids eats lemons. I guess he's wired wrong or something because he says they taste like sweets! You know, like hard candies.

Perhaps brew a dry apa (or a low ibu ipa), but increase the flavor and aroma hops (reduce bittering to maintain ibu). then dry hop the snot out of it. it's ready to drink as soon as carbonated. a friend of mine really likes this recipe. he's overly sensitive to the bittering but really likes the flavor and aroma of the hops.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

Back