I Wanna Steal Your Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stylus1274

Reaction score
Yep, just what the title says.

I'm on a brewing frenzy and boiling 2-3 batches per week. It's great making your own, pulling from sites and ect. But I'm guessing recipes supplied here are even better. So I'm looking for the best of the best :)

If you have a house recipe, a can't miss recipe or maybe something that is just your favorite post it here. Doesn't matter if it's all-grain or extract.

Yes, I know we have a recipe database. But prefer to hear from you directly.

This is one I brew once in a while, a house recipe. It's not best of the best but It's nice for summertime and it's dead simple, that's why I like it.

95% Pilsnermalt, 5% flaked wheat. Use 1g/l tettnang @ 15 minutes, top up with tettnang @ FWH to reach 20 IBU. Add 0.3125g/l @5min with crushed coriander seeds. Mash at 63c. Pitch and ferment for four days @24C, then drop down to 20C for two days, then you can also drop and keep it at 10C for two more days to settle out some yeast and just bottle it. If not the 10C you should let it sit longer at 20c for some natural flocculation. Yeast is wb-06. I pitch one pack of non rehydrated yeast into 14L of wort and get a nice phenolic citrusy flavor. If I rehydrate it that flavor is way less.

OG 1.048 FG 1.008

This is one I brew once in a while, a house recipe. It's not best of the best but It's nice for summertime and it's dead simple, that's why I like it.

95% Pilsnermalt, 5% flaked wheat. Use 1g/l tettnang @ 15 minutes, top up with tettnang @ FWH to reach 20 IBU. Add 0.3125g/l @5min with crushed coriander seeds. Mash at 63c. Pitch and ferment for four days @24C, then drop down to 20C for two days, then you can also drop and keep it at 10C for two more days to settle out some yeast and just bottle it. If not the 10C you should let it sit longer at 20c for some natural flocculation. Yeast is wb-06. I pitch one pack of non rehydrated yeast into 14L of wort and get a nice phenolic citrusy flavor. If I rehydrate it that flavor is way less.

OG 1.048 FG 1.008

Is this a belgian wit? I love WB 06. Great yeast.

And I'm guessing that you notice a better flavor profile with the non rehydrated yeast because the yeast has to work a bit harder.

Is this a belgian wit? I love WB 06. Great yeast.

And I'm guessing that you notice a better flavor profile with the non rehydrated yeast because the yeast has to work a bit harder.

I call it "Fake Wit", since I'm not using the "correct" grainbill or malt, but it's kind of in the ballpark. But those days spent at 24C is alpha omega to that beer, if not then I guess it's pretty boring plain wb-06 ish.

Yes, I think I overpitch if I rehydrate, thus not getting those phenolics.

I call it "Fake Wit", since I'm not using the "correct" grainbill or malt, but it's kind of in the ballpark. But those days spent at 24C is alpha omega to that beer, if not then I guess it's pretty boring plain wb-06 ish.

Yes, I think I overpitch if I rehydrate, thus not getting those phenolics.

Interesting. I have a "fake wit/Hefe" that is on the same line. Actually my house beer. It would never fall under the right category because the grain bill is not true to style.

This is my current version of a steam beer (California common) that a few folks like. I use wlp810 yeast (San Francisco lager).

8# pale/2 row malt
1.5# munich malt
1# crystal 60

.75oz Northern Brewer @ 60 min
1.25oz Northern Brewer @ 15 min
1oz Northern Brewer @ 5 min

Mash at 152° for 60 min
Sparge for 15 min

Whirfloc tab at 15 min

Ferment at 62-64° for 7-10 days

Interesting. I have a "fake wit/Hefe" that is on the same line. Actually my house beer. It would never fall under the right category because the grain bill is not true to style.

My attempt wasnt that I actually went for a Wit. I just heard that 24C for a few days would give you som nice phenolics. So I did a straight up dead simple receipe to try out the fermentation temp on wb-06, the crushed coriander seeds came in to play at the third batch, and the recipe hasn't changed since then. I know I could make a proper Wit, but this is the recipe. I'm having one right now, brewed 11 days ago and bottle carbed, and it's refreshing as hell :)

A little unconventional, but it turned out to be my ladies favorite so far. Pretty tasty. Usually comes in about 1.006

Suz's Grapefruit Honey Wheat
Recipe specifics:

Style: American Wheat or Rye Beer
Batch size: 5.5 gal
Boil volume: 7.0 gal
OG: 1.044
FG: 1.011
Bitterness (IBU): 26.8
Color (SRM): 5.0
ABV: 4.3%

Single infusion mash 152° 60 min

Grain/Sugars:

5.50 lb Great Western Two-row (US), 57.9%
2.25 lb Great Western White Wheat Malt, 23.7%
1.00 lb Flaked Wheat, 10.5%
0.50 lb Honey Malt (Canadian), 5.3%
0.25 lb Crystal 10L, 2.6%

Hops:

0.70 oz Willamette (AA 5.1%, Pellet) 60 min, 13.4 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade (AA 7.2%, Pellet) 15 min, 13.4 IBU

Yeast/Misc:

US 05, 1.0 unit(s), Yeast

I've brewed this several times while working on my procedures and technique. Not sure exactly what style it is; probably closest to a kolsch. I'm drinking one right now:

84% Belgian pilsner malt
13% Munich malt
3% acidulated malt
Mt Hood hops, low 20's IBU
German ale yeast (K-97 or equivalent)

Mash kinda low (148 to 150 degrees) for an hour. Shoot for about 1.050 OG. Ferment in the mid to upper 60's (cooler is probably better)

Sure, here is a 60 Schilling recipe that I do. Its won medals, but really I like to keep it on during football season because its light and easy to drink. I can crush 5-6 of these during a game, and not be wasted.

OG 1.036
FG 1.011
ABV 3.2%

81.5% Golden Promise
5.6% Crystal 40
5.6% Crystal 120
5.6% Honey Malt
1.9% Chocolate Malt (Pale)

17.7 IBUs Northdown (60 min)
Wyeast 1728

Mash @ 154 for 75 minutes.

Run off 25% of boil volume, and boil down reducing by half. Collect rest of runnings to get to original boil volume and proceed with 60 minute boil.

Ferment at 63 for 14 days.

Send me a recipe in exchange.

Latest posts

Back