I saw this on the magazine rack at the grocery store today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkevinb

Reaction score
BrewingMagazine.jpg

Is homebrewing becoming that mainstream?

book store at the mall has 4 or 5 different brewing mags (they dont carry BYO though) but havnt seen one in grocery store yet

At one of my local grocery stores they have an excellent beer selection...they just started caring brewing ingredients...LME, DME, grain and hops...its ridiculous

Is it becoming that popular? Just look at how many crft beer places open every year. Here in Michigan it's crazy the amount that are opening or set to open.

The book store I go to has carried Zymergy, BYO, and WineMaker for longer than I've been brewing. They also carry a number of craft beer and wine magazines, as well as dozens of photography, cigar, pipe smoking, woodworking, and fly fishing magazines. As long as people have hobbies, people will be making magazines and books for these hobbies. Also, homebrewing has been extremely popular for years...I mean think about it...you're making beer. The NHC sells out faster than a Stones concert and people form lines for Pliny the Younger that are longer than anything I've seen for a Harry Potter book. So yeah craft beer and homebrewing aren't becoming mainstream, they've been that way for a while. However it is continually gaining more momentum.

I saw that mag at Giant Eagle a while back. I guess it goes to show how popular the hobby is getting. So much the better for us all.

Mainstrem? Damn, time to find another hobby. But let it be known I liked it before it was cool [/hipster]

I can't say it is super popular here, but if people are getting more interested in craft beer, making it yourself is the natural next step for most people.
Nothing wrong with that in my book :mug:

BrewingMagazine.jpg

Is homebrewing becoming that mainstream?

"Put Your BREW in Breads, Desserts & More" ... ?
What is this? Ladies Home Journal?

Next issue ...
Low Cellulite Brewing: Beer That Won't Go Right To Your Thighs
Be Aware! Favorite Beer Styles Of The Cheating Man
How A Hot Sparge Is Good For Your Skin
Enhancing Head Retention After 50

Back