I might be completely nuts.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outrunu

Reaction score
Hello all. Just joined, and just getting ready for my first brew. Like many things I do, there is no easing into this. I'm going AG straight from the get go. I decided that buying a starter kit, just to not use half of it in the future was a waste, and so I've piecemeal-ed everything together.

I'm picking up two kegs later today, building my mash tun and chiller over the weekend, and have fittings on order. My first batch of malt and hops arrived earlier this week. I'm planning my fist brew to be a clone of Blackfoot's Single Malt IPA, one of my favorites from the local area. I've got everything figured out, but still hemming and hawing on the hop schedule I'm going to use.

This place has been a wealth of knowledge for everything I've done so far, and I'll be sure to post pics once my brewery is finished, and I get my first batch going.

Thanks again for all the info here.

Right on, welcome!
I ran through a couple of extract brews and then started BIAB all grain, while it takes a bit longer on brewday, the possibilities are endless, enjoy! :mug:

Welcome! I know several people that went straight to AG, including a friend that I taught to brew. And if I had it to start over again, I would NOT buy a starter kit. It is nice from a convenience standpoint, but it is cheaper and more fun to build whatever equipment you can.

Obsessed, so soon. DIY projects, MLT, chillers, keggle, brew stand, brew shed......on&on. Welcome to HBT! Cheers:D

Obsessed, so soon. DIY projects, MLT, chillers, keggle, brew stand, brew shed......on&on. Welcome to HBT! Cheers:D

It's been a long time coming. I've got a nice room in my shop that'll be exclusive for brewing, a pile of scrap metal out back that will be a three teir system before long, etc, etc. Go big or go home.

It's been a long time coming. I've got a nice room in my shop that'll be exclusive for brewing, a pile of scrap metal out back that will be a three teir system before long, etc, etc. Go big or go home.

I've recently started extract brewing (and just joined HBT yesterday), and I really wish I had some space in my house to dedicate to brewing. I may end up gutting a bedroom so I can have an indoor brewshed :ban:

Welcome! :mug:

Also, my pride and joy.
jcwbT.jpg

d0veh.jpg

2RKFr.jpg

Now all I need to do is add another regulator to the manifold and add a tap since I'll be able to fit a fourth keg in there by switching to corny's. I wish there was an easy / cheaper way to fill sankes.

What does a guy have to do to be able to post without having it reviewed by a mod?

Ask that guy whose sister brews in her underwear.
you have my attention.

I posted some pics of my keezer, and I got shut down is what prompted my question. No pics of my sister in her skivies though.....sorry.

Also, I just read the rules and regs post....WTH, you can't even discuss distillation in Texas?

A good friend of mine is about to open a micro distillery here in MT. It's good stuff.

Back