I made good beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planecrazy29

Reaction score
So I've been brewing for a very short time. I tend to get pretty obsessive when it comes to hobbies and go way overboard. So, in the 2 months I've been brewing, I've made 6 batches of beer. 5 extract and one all grain. I've built a 3 tap keezer and kegged the last 3 batches. I have way more equipment than I really need, but I can't help myself when I'm at the LHBS.

The last beer I brewed has been sitting in secondary for 3 weeks after a week in primary. It was a Centennial Blonde recipe from this site. I kegged it 2 days ago, got it cold and force-carbed it yesterday/today. After I got home from work I drew a pint and voila! A wonderful, light session beer that is a pleasure to drink. I finally made a good beer.

Truth be told, my chocolate stout was pretty darn good too and this one is not perfect since I screwed up the sparge and used too much water. It's only 3%, but I'm really happy with it. Oh, and this was my first all grain batch too.

Contgrats, hope there are more "good" than "bad" batches to come. But even my bad ones just werent as good as the last few so I guess I have been pretty lucky myself. Though, this isnt rocket science.

That's awesome! I'm right at the same spot, a new brewer & stoked on my last brew (or two), cept I have not done AG yet. Hats off to you, sir! :mug:

Back