I love coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIZZLE

Reaction score
just about to rack my brown ale over to secondary on a pound of kona coffee any thoughts? did a mention i love coffee wish me luck i hope this taste like kona :mug: or do you think a pound is over kill

I got really strong coffee flavor and aroma in my RIS with 2 ounces

I've not used coffee in beer before, but I've heard good things about cold brewing coffee and adding the liquid coffee only back in.

so how much should i use then? remember i love the taste of coffee the more coffee flavor the better :D

You can try dosing a sample. Get the beer finished and start adding coffee by the ounce to a small pour of beer then do your math to figure your total coffee.

I recently brewed a Coffee & Cream Milk Stout. I used 8 oz. of cold pressed coffee. It is about right for my taste. I'm thinking about trying Starbucks Via. It is just pure coffee, but so finely ground that it acts like instant. I think it would be an easy way to add coffee to a brew. Anyone try it?

Steve

yso191 said:
I recently brewed a Coffee & Cream Milk Stout. I used 8 oz. of cold pressed coffee. It is about right for my taste. I'm thinking about trying Starbucks Via. It is just pure coffee, but so finely ground that it acts like instant. I think it would be an easy way to add coffee to a brew. Anyone try it?

Steve

Good call, Via is a blend of "micro ground" and instant coffee.

I use about 4 oz of Starbuck's Espresso that's been cold steeped in about 1.5 - 2c water for 24 hours and add it to the bottle bucket.

A pound? Wow, you do love coffee! It would probably be easier to put a shot or two of rum in your coffee cup every morning. Save you a few weeks of waiting.

Well a pound of coffee latter the rise and shine is finally in keg and tasting stupid good I'm glad I used a pound of kona ;)

Latest posts

Back